A content management system (CMS) will give you complete control over your website
- Make changes to text, photos, PDF files, or videos on any page in your website
- Add more pages to your website with a few simple clicks
- Optimize your website for search engines to boost traffic and increase sales
Open source content management
From our experience developing more than 80 content management systems, we generally recommend an open source CMS. However, each client is unique, and we will learn more about your specific needs before making a recommendation.
There are 4 types of content management systems to choose from:
- Open source (free)
- Proprietary (not free, more difficult to change web designer or host)
- Software as a service (monthly fee, more difficult to change web designer or host)
- Custom-built (varies)
Here are the benefits of open source content management systems:
- Less expensive to expand in the future
- Easy to change web designer or host
- Easily themed with a custom design
- Thousands of free and premium themes available
- Thousands of add-ons available (ex. mobile website, forum, geo-mapping)
WordPress is open source (free), has been downloaded millions of times, and is the most popular CMS in the world. The high number of free and premium themes available makes it ideal for small business web design. It's also being taught by almost all web design schools, which means it's easy to switch to a different web designer (you aren't locked-in should you want to switch).
Drupal is open source (free), has been downloaded millions of times, and is one of the most popular CMS' in the world. Its strength is the thousands of pre-built add-ons that can be plugged-in or customized, making it ideal for midsize business. It is highly extensible, highly portable, and is easy to switch to a different web designer (you aren't locked-in).
Content management system samples
We've created a CMS website design for over 80 websites in a variety of consumer, business, and government sectors. The majority are built using Drupal or WordPress.
Get a FREE consultation
or call us 604 687-6715
The new BCMTA website was designed and developed on the Drupal content management system.
- Online membership renewals and event registration
- Searchable member directory integrated with Google maps
- Secure member area with message board
- Drupal CMS for updating content and photos
Our SEO services had an immediate impact on EEC's search engine position for over 50 keywords.
- Over 100% increase in unique website visitors within the first month
- Within 1 week the website was listed on page 1 of Google for over 30 keywords
- Page 1 in Google for "Vancouver sign company" & "custom architectural signage"
A refreshed online brand, social media integration and blogging platform helps deliver the "Injury Free" message.
- Over 10 million website sessions
- Over 40 million website pageviews
- Over 1 million YouTube channel visitors
- Over 100,000 video downloads on iTunes